intertwine is a not-for-profit harm-prevention organisation seeking a volunteer Board Secretary for a two-year term.
intertwine envisages communities, organisations and services that are inclusive & just, in a participatory society where all people have health, wellbeing, representation & self-determination.
intertwine supports organisations to achieve this vision through assistance in developing and implementing appropriate intersectional policies and structures, delivering diversity, inclusion and consent training and workshops and providing HR support.
You will join a small but enthusiastic team of people working to create social justice transformation through training and education, networking and communities of practice and community resources. You’ll also receive plenty of mentoring and support in this position, so don’t worry if you feel you may not have extensive previous experience in a similar role!
A $200/month honorarium is available.
The Secretary provides administrative and clerical support to the Board, through the timely and accurate collection and sharing of information directly related to its activities. In this role, your main responsibility will be to ensure the Board is well informed and that its activities are well documented for the use of Board members.
The role requires attending scheduled monthly board meetings, supporting strategic conversations around:
- Finance and Remuneration
- Strategic Risk Management, and
- Advocacy and Policy
Other commitments include attendance at stakeholder and member events, and at the AGM and annual strategic planning workshop.
- Creating and timely distribution of an agenda for Board meetings and other meetings such as the annual general meeting;
- Accurately recording and distributing the minutes of Board of Directors meetings;
- Creating and maintaining an up-to-date board planning calendar outlining matters to be on the board’s agenda over the course of a year;
- Maintaining a full contact list of board members including board member appointment dates, term of appointments and board member bios;
- Assisting with the preparation and amendment of organisational regulations, allocation of authority documents, corporate governance and risk management guidelines.
Key selection criteria:
We’d love to see applicants with some of the following:
- Identify as a member of one of the First Peoples of this land;
- Have skills in community engagement, fundraising, and/or activism;
- Have a commitment to intersectionality and dismantling the structures that create marginalisation.
Targeted skills and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and access to a computer for word processing purposes
- Desirable: Experience with campaigning or advocacy, especially in areas of social justice;
- Desirable: Experience in motivating, managing and dealing with people including evaluating performance, succession planning and executive remuneration.
- Desirable: Living experience of intersectionality, for example, (noting that this list is not comprehensive) two or more of the following characteristics: Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, person of colour, LGBTIQA+, person from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background, disabled person, neurodiverse person, identifies as a woman.
Interested applicants should email email@example.com. with a current CV if available as well as an attached statement describing why you are interested in joining intertwine as the Board Secretary. We are happy to receive nomination statements in writing, as videos or as part of a video call with the Board. First Nations people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed by board advisors and the CEO, and short-listed applicants will be contacted for a short interview.
Please send any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.