intertwine’s vision is of communities, organisations and services that are inclusive and just, in a participatory society where all people have opportunity, representation and access to power.
Our mission is to dismantle the systemic power structures that create marginalisation and oppression, through education, building bridges among communities and organisations, and fostering resilience, intersectional inclusion and empowerment.
intertwine aims to create a progressive movement free from sexism, racism, ableism and homophobia.
CONTRIBUTE YOUR SKILLS
intertwine is always looking trainers, developers, project coordinators and more — get involved today.
START A CONVERSATION
In the future, we hope to:
- Accredit organisations and community groups that adhere to the charter
- Provide training through partner organisations to help signatories meet their commitments
- Provide resources for smaller organisations to self-guide
- Develop a community panel to audit/consult on organisational policies
- Provide model policies that organisations and community groups can adopt wholesale
- Audit organisations to determine if their actions match their promises
- Change the public conversation about intersectionality & enjoy the ripple effect on the world at large
- Resist the right-wing narrative and attempts to split the progressive left
- Develop a web directory of signatories so that intersectional individuals can make informed choices about organisations.