unpacking whiteness, race & power
these resources will help your organisation examine invisible cultures of racism, and think about the ways racism intersects with other systems of marginalisation
Understanding the issue
- Why I’m no longer talking to white people about race. Reni Eddo-Lodge.
- So white. So what. Alison Whittaker. (incredible article about white fragility).
- Racism during Covid is rarely reported, The Conversation
- How to be an anti-racist ally
- Dismantling progressive white supremacy. Dhakshayini Sooriyakumaran
- Skin in the game: how anti-semitism animates White nationalism. Eric K Ward
- 100 ways white people can make life less frustrating for People of Color. Vice. (mostly individual rather than structural but still worth a look)
Toolkits & explainers
- Fighting online racist trolls. Commons Library.
- Harmony Alliance intersectionality series
- Anti-racist Ally Guide, Amnesty International
Videos & podcasts
- Disruption is not a dirty word | Amy Thunig
- Black Feminism & the Movement for Black Lives. Barbara Smith, Reina Gossett, Charlene Carruthers
- How Studying Privilege Systems Can Strengthen Compassion. Peggy McIntosh at TEDxTimberlaneSchools
- The path to building an anti-racist workplace. Susan Long-Walsh | TEDxSeattle
- White fragility. Sydney Ideas podcast, University of Sydney.
- So you want to talk about race? Ijeoma Oluo
Download this free resource for your training
This A4 PDF consists of intertwine’s privilege wheel and prompts to add the labels on the axes that create marginalisation and oppression.
Our most requested resource, the privilege wheel handout is designed for use in small group discussion as part of intersectionality training. Although it is free, we ask that you add a donation to your order if you or your organisation can afford it. intertwine pays 1% of all income to First Nations communities via the Pay the Rent Grassroots Collective.