the following resources include training resources and toolkits to create a welcoming workplace for lgbtiqa+ people in your staff, members and clients.
Understanding the issue
- How the LGBTIQA+ community fares in the workplace, McKinsey
- Private Lives research, ARCHS (PDF)
- Writing themselves in, ARCHS (PDF)
- New research shows how Indigenous LGBTIQ+ people don’t feel fully accepted by either community, The Conversation
- LGBTIQA+ support services in Australia, ABC
- Inclusive culture must follow LGBTIQA workforce
- 10 ways to support LGBT employees, Glass Door
Supporting LGBTIQ people in the workplace, Commons Library
Toolkits & explainers
- Inclusive Language Guide, Victorian Government
- Employee demographics
- Rainbow Tick Guide, Rainbow Health Victoria
- OMG I’m QTIPOC, With Respect
Videos & podcasts
- Trans 101 explainers, ygender
- The Pronoun Lowdown, Nevo Zisin
Download this free resource for your training
This A4 PDF consists of intertwine’s privilege wheel and prompts to add the labels on the axes that create marginalisation and oppression.
Our most requested resource, the privilege wheel handout is designed for use in small group discussion as part of intersectionality training. Although it is free, we ask that you add a donation to your order if you or your organisation can afford it. intertwine pays 1% of all income to First Nations communities via the Pay the Rent Grassroots Collective.